Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Post I

A couple of weeks ago, Presdient Dave Brown challenged the members of the Hunter West Stake to feast upon the Book of Mormon each day, then pray in faith to obtain the blessings that we need in our lives. 

Here's what he said:

"If you do this, Read the Book of Mormon every day, what will happen?  I’m not sure, but I can tell you this is what the Spirit wants me to tell each of you:

            The Lord is waiting to pour out His blessings upon you.  Those blessings will be individualized for you.  They may be temporal or spiritual.

            Some of you will experience miracles, some of you will have your prayers answered.  For some it will be peace, for some it will lead to baptisms.  For some, children and loved ones will come back.  For some it may be jobs, for some health, and for some extra protection from Satan.

            Read daily, feast upon the word, pray with Faith and expect blessings to be poured out upon you and your family".

Already as I have tried to take this challenge I have seen the blessings come into my life. I have decided to read the Book of Mormon in Chinese this time. I love doing this because I read the verses that I am so used to reading in a different way, which allows me to be opened up to new insights.

I figured I would start a blog to share some of these insights from the Book of Mormon, as well as some other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment