Friday, March 20, 2009

If you posterity is obedient

As Nephi was confronted with the choice of killing Laban to get the brass plates, he remembered a promise that the Lord made him in the wilderness. "If your posterity keeps my commandments, then they will prosper in the promised land" (1 Nephi 4:14). Nephi realized that his choice at that point in time would not only affect his own life, but also have a great impact on the lives of his children and his children's children. This prompted me to ask myself, "what am I doing to insuree that my posterity will be able to inherit their own promised land?" I believe that this question provides ample opportunity for introspection to all those who ponder it. It is a good question to ask ourselves when we face hard choices in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment